Patterns are manufactured in our 5-axis machining centers, which are laser tracked on a regular schedule to verify tolerances and ensure accuracy. BVC has two CNC 5 axis mills: a CMS Poseidon CNC has a working envelope of 83′ x 27′ x 13′ and a CMS Ares CNC has a working envelope of 16’x 6’x 4′. By utilizing large CNCs we are able to machine very large tools in a single setup which reduces costly seams, increases accuracy and reduces risk.
Molds and transfers can be produced off our CNC Patterns utilizing a variety of laminate processes including Open Mold/Hand-Lay-up, Wet bagging, Vacuum Infusion and Prepreg OOA. BVC offers numerous construction methods allowing customers to optimize performance and cost relationships.
- Dimensionally stable wood base structure
- Fiberglass composite reinforcement
- Polyester tooling paste machined surface
- Finishing and surface treatments to order
- High Temperature Epoxy Tooling Paste
- Polyurethane Foam Billet
- Polystyrene Foam Billet
- Plywood Cross Section Kits
- Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
- High quality finishes available
- Industry leading surfacing materials
- Finish to specific grit levels
- RMS requirements are documented